The big adventure that gave birth to the Calabrò group started back in 1943; at first Calabrò
brothers just appeared, but soon, with strongness and ability, they made their way in the landscape
of the fashion and of the “dress well”.
Calogero Calabro', in 1933 at his eighteen, leaves Sicily to follow his dream to become a different
tailor, an outsider, not a simple one, bounded to the strict ideas of a provincial land. He wanted
more. Only one city could give him the ability and the mastery that he needed, and Rome was the
After years of intense and wonderful experiences in “the City”, the war and the destiny decide for
him, and send him back to his homeland and, despite the delicate historic moment, he decided to
open a little tailoring laboratory named after him "Sartoria Calabrò". In few years with a lot of
passion, and high skills Calabrò’s lab became a bigger and elitist shop, for clients from all the cities
in the center of Sicily.
In 1968 the sons, moved from the same passion and the same love for fashion, decided to flank a
little store to the lab, giving birth to the "Men's shop": this store was going to change the classic
dress vision, and it became a benchmark for young men.
Quality, competence and good taste will be the major pillars of the family and will inspire the
opening of the shop that they will open in the following years.
In 1974, in the middle of that changing times in which jeans became the main character of casual
wear, Canicattì saw the birth of "Pepito" (later Calabrò Jeanseria), a store that immediately breaks
in the heart of people and still today survives, in the popular imagination, like a myth.
1979 marks a turning point for the company: "Calabrò Uomo", the third shop, see the light, and
inside it the most popular brands of the time, like Versace, Armani, Ferrè, Valentino and others.
This store set himself between the most powerful in Sicily, by dressing a man always elegant,
refined and demanding.
It’s 1982 when the group inaugurates "Calabrò Donna", the first shop entirely dedicated to women:
beyond the windows, the most glamourous names of "pret-a porter", to give her a fair, and stylish,
position in the new society.
We’re already in 1989 and with the opening of "Max Club", in the beautiful frame of an historical
palace of ‘900, in the heart of the city, Calabrò family offers a new space with a different kind of
fashion by proposing a casual-chic product for men and women that want to dress in an elegant and
But it’s not over and, new millennium new style, in 2003, it starts a big project that
involves the opening of a mega store, the "Fashion Area", 2.400 mq of exhibition space in which
converge "Calabrò Uomo", "Calabrò Donna" and "Calabrò Jeanseria", known today as "Calabrò Trend"
The dream is now realized: from the small lab in 1943 to the mega store in 2003, sixty years of
passion, sacrifice, enthusiasm and big accomplishments; as many that the store was also mentioned
in a specialized magazine among the 100 most beautiful in Italy.
But we didn’t stop and in 2008 a new goal: after the renovation of a space of about 800 mq, in a
small place in the middle of the historical via Atenea in Agrigento, Calabrò brothers decide to open
a new store big, elegant, refined, sophisticated, on two levels, for men and women: so it borns
Today, in this globalized and modern era, we need to keep this up, so in 2011 we realized that was
time to have something really new, so we created the website Calabromoda.com, simple and
practical, with a big range of options in the shop on line, curiosities and details about every product,
additional informations about our marketing campaigns, a fashion blog, and direct link to our
socials (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler, Google+), to keep the client informed at any time.
Our strength are based on our professionality, our trust, our commitment, that are the leitmotif of
each Calabrò Fashion Store, and the same values are recreated in our website, because these are our